Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 1997 01:34:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      razzle dazzle root beer <marko@foo.notwork.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   tfp/nfsboot sun xkernel from fbsd2.2.1

A while ago a friend of mine and I succedded in netbooting a couple of sun3/50s and 3/60s from a freebsd 2.1.6 machine with the columbia xkernel distribution. At the time it was version 2.0a.. We upgraded the bsd box to 2.2-PRE and now 2.2.1-Release and are not able to get the thing to work. It appears that /sbin/init of the sunos distribution doesnt even run, and the kernel complains that it cant find the bootparamd server. This doesnt make sense since it is able to nfs the kernel and load it, just not the remaining files.

I was wondering if there was anything done to any of the services on the 2.2- tree that would cause a problem?
I heard something on irc://irc.freebsd.org/#freebsd that there actually might be a difference and was referred to this list.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Marko