Date:      Sat, 7 Feb 2009 21:11:42 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make installkernel broken

On Sat, 7 Feb 2009, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

Hi,

> I merged a change I had tested in my working but not a vanilla
> stable/7 tree.  This broke make installkernel.
>
> I am currently investigating if it's easily fixable w/o side effects
> or I'll back it out in a bit.
>
> If your sys/conf/kern.post.mk has r188288 (from 14:55:29 UTC) you are
> affected by this.
>

> I'll let you know once it is fixed.

With r188296 (21:07:58 UTC) things should be fine again.

In case you hit the problem you can use
 	make installkernel KMODOWN=root KMODGRP=wheel
as a workaround.

In case you experience any problems/side efffects from the fix, let me
know immediately.

Sorry for the breakage.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                      The greatest risk is not taking one.