Date:      Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:09:18 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nate Puri <natepuri@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   kde 2.1.1 shortcut permissions error

Hi all,

I'm sure this is a very common problem, and I would be
happy to receive a URL if there is one.

As a normal user, when I try to create an application
shortcut in kde, it comes up as owner root/wheel.
Then, I get the error that I do not have sufficient
permissions to create the icon.  Why is this?

As root, I am able to set the permissions and change
the user and group ownership of the shortcuts...  I'm
hoping that there is a fix for this...  Thanks in
advance for your help.

-Nate