Date:      Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:40:50 +0100
From:      Micke Sommar <micke.sommar@gmail.com>
To:        Markus Hitter <mah@jump-ing.de>
Cc:        freebsd-embedded@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Add extra logfiles to /var/log/

Hi

The problem is not that /var/log is write protected, its not. The problem
is, all the changes made to /var/log is cleaned then I reboot the machine. I
want to have the option to store some extra logfiles att startup. I tried to
create the logfiles in /etc/rc.local , but rc.local is executed to late.

Lighttpd need two logfiles to startup, one option is to move them away from
/var/log, but thats wrong.

Where do tinyBSD store/create the logfiles that is loaded in to /var/log ?
I want to add two extra logfiles that should be loaded att startup.

My TinyBSD options in rc.conf is:
varmfs="YES"
populate_var="YES"
varsize="8192"