Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:06:32 -0500
From:      "Drew J. Weaver" <drew.weaver@thenap.com>
To:        "'freebsd-net@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:    Really odd problem

------_=_NextPart_001_01C05EEE.7B2A43EE

          We have a Freebsd 4.2 box on our network, after the box boots, it
brings up the network and everything is great, I can telnet into it..
everything good, but about 30-60 minutes later no incoming traffic is
getting to the server. If i ping the machine, or telnet to it, I get
nothing. If I go to the terminal and ping anything then it "wakes up" does
anyone have any idea what would cause it to stop "listening" to incoming
network requests? This is becoming very tiresome and i've done everything
known to me.

Thanks,
-Drew

------_=_NextPart_001_01C05EEE.7B2A43EE

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>Really odd problem</TITLE>

<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4134.600" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=490395318-05122000><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>&nbsp;
&nbsp;</FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT face=Arial
size=2>We have a Freebsd 4.2 box on our network, after the box boots, it brings
up the network and everything is great, I can telnet into it.. everything good,
but about 30-60 minutes later no incoming traffic is getting to the server. If i
ping the machine, or telnet to it, I get nothing. If I go to the terminal and
ping anything then it "wakes up" does anyone have any idea what would cause it
to stop "listening" to incoming network requests? This is becoming very tiresome
and i've done everything known to me.</FONT></DIV>
<P><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks,</FONT> <BR><FONT face=Arial
size=2>-Drew</FONT> </P><BR><BR><BR></BODY></HTML>

------_=_NextPart_001_01C05EEE.7B2A43EE--