Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 22:52:34 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        mwm@mired.org (Mike Meyer)
Cc:        dan@langille.org, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stallman now claims authorship of Linux

> > > Try contracting for MicroSoft.
> > I'm a programmer.  I get paid for my work.  And by no means can it be
> > considered a slave wage.
>
> I'd say the same thing myself. And, contrary to the nonsense that
> Brett was spouting, it doesn't matter whether I'm working on GPL'ed
> softare or not.

Let's cut the BS: I want to be able to build a piece of software,
and sell the rights to use it, for as long as the market will pay
for those rights.

I'm not some ivory tower academeic who can live on "genius" grants
resulting from my public speaking.

I want to be paid the fair market value of my labor.

> > > You build capital as a programmer under conditions D, E and F the
> > > exact same way you do in all those other fields, working under those
> > > conditions.
> > Can I pay my mortgage with that capital?
>
> Since people working in other fields seem to manage it, you ought to
> be able to.

As long as there's not some moron in that field trying to socialize
the results of my labor, I probably could.

Why only pick on software?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---