Date:      Wed, 01 Jun 2005 18:42:29 +0400
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   NFS upgrade 5.2.1->5.4 "+cd: not found"

Hi!

Seems to me that it's like a FAQ, but can't find an answer. Upgrade
from 5.2.1 to 5.4 via NFS:

On nfs server:

1. buildkernel <for host>

On host:

1. mount_nfs /usr/src
2. mount_nfs /usr/obj
3. installkernel <for host>
4. mergemaster -p
<Here I tried no-reboot, reboot with new kernel -- no luck>
5. make installworld
-----
mkdir -p /tmp/install.aCiGkcCk
for prog in [ awk cap_mkdb cat chflags chmod chown  date echo egrep find grep  >
+cd /usr/src; MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX=/usr/obj  MACHINE_ARCH=i386  MACHINE=i386  CPUTY>
+cd: not found
*** Error code 127

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
-----

It is the result of "{_+_}cd" at Makefile.inc1. Neighter UPDATING nore
google helped me. Maybe you? ;-)

WBR
--
bsam