Date:      Wed, 06 Jan 2021 16:09:05 -0800
From:      Hal Murray <hmurray@megapathdsl.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        hmurray@megapathdsl.net
Subject:   Re: Moving from svn to git for downloading source

bob@immure.com said:
> Thanks. I'll give this a try on my test system to see if I can get it right.
> It does look more complicated than what I've been doing with svn for years.
> :(

Somebody should work out a cheat-sheet for new git users, or find a URL for
 a good one.

I can't write it, but I'll be glad to review.

I think it falls into 2 parts.  One is read only, how do users who what to build from source get to a particular version.  The other is development: how to distribute patches so others can test them and how to merge them into the main branch.  (and tricks for undoing edits and ...)

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.