Date:      Sat, 1 Oct 2011 14:05:51 GMT
From:      dan <dan@sunsaturn.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   amd64/161205: Bug report freebsd 9.0 beta 3

>Number:         161205
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       Bug report freebsd 9.0 beta 3
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Multiple bugs from testing so far comming from a 8.2 rebuild of source to 9.0 beta 3:

1) nfsv4 mounts, upon doing a "df -k" on a mount that no longer existed, system crashed.
2) were some problems copying various files using rsync off nfsv4 where there were no problems with nfsv3
3) pfsync option in kernel if not disabled crashed system soon as PF was loaded in rc.conf
4) upon not giving access to libnss-mysql to a certain mysql field, system crashed.
5) Not sure if this is proftpd related or freebsd, but when compiling mysql into proftpd, parent process will not stay alive more than 20-30 seconds upon receiving a SIGALRM, this is using even default config.

Other notes: I am using latest mysql 5.5.15 stable release from ports.

Other port issues unrelated to freebsd 9.0 stability:
1) various modules in apache 2.2 when reinstalled remain commented out in apache config:
LoadModule mysql_auth_module  libexec/apache22/mod_auth_mysql.so
LoadModule geoip_module       libexec/apache22/mod_geoip.so
LoadModule rpaf_module        libexec/apache22/mod_rpaf.so
2) chmod o+x /var/run/authdaemond is constantly needed when upgrading
courier-authlib-base

Dan.