Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 2000 10:55:04 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: newpcm and RealPlayer woes

Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET> probably said:
> I do not have any of the 'weird sound' problem though. I did through XMMS
> but their new version fixed that out. Similar problems occured with things
> that used certain mixers. I believe this was an issue of the *program* not
> the OS. Either way, xmms 1.2.x fixed it.

I'm using xmms 1.2.1. I get the static on open as I described with xmms,
x11amp and mpg123.

With the same software on a machine using an SBLive, I don't get any
static problems.

I also haven't seen the mose movement or console change noise, just
static on open, sometimes ...

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu