Date:      Mon, 29 Dec 2003 08:52:43 -0500
From:      "fbsd_user" <fbsd_user@a1poweruser.com>
To:        "F. D. Williams" <fwilliams2@cfl.rr.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: login ID and Password Problems

Flem

I understand your frustration. But your post is poorly written when
it comes to describing your problem. It almost sounds like you have
never used an Unix like operating system before. For your info,
during the install process you are asked to enter the password to be
used for the root account.  'root' is the master/god like powered
account used to configure the operating system. That's the account
you should be using to gain access to you newly installed system the
first time.

When the system finishes booting there is the login prompt, you
should respond
with  the word   root   and for the password try purdue112 or
whatever  password you entered during the install.

Why don't you repost and this time explain to the readers how you
got this
GIVEN LOGIN:  koolfd
PASSWORD:  fdwill4u2
SYSTEM MANAGEMENT PWD:  purdue112

It would go along way to understanding just how much of an newbe you
are.

Check this out for some helpful reading
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/