Date:      Fri, 29 May 2015 18:00:35 +0000
From:      "Wolff, Nicholas (Nick)" <nwolff@oar.net>
To:        Jeffrey Bouquet via freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   BSDInstall and pc-sysinstall merge

Hello all,

With BSDcan(which I will be at) creeping up on us I was thinking it might a=
 good time for me to ask a question I had for a while.

What is the status of merging BSDInstall and pc-sysinstall? Is this still p=
lanned?  https://wiki.freebsd.org/PCBSDInstallMerge

Is anyone looking at syncing pc-sysinstall in freebsd src back in sync with=
 PCBSD some great improvements have been made and bug fixes.

I=92m willing and interested in working on both of these as I=92m a admin o=
f a good sized server install(100-200 servers) which is currently moving fr=
om freebsd8 to freebsd10. Previously we were using a version of sysinstall =
that my boss had adapted to fit our requirement for remote installs and rei=
nstalls. I now have us using pc-sysinstall for the new freebsd10 build. Ori=
ginally the version in the freebsd repo and lately the new version out of P=
CBSD's repo. Anything I can do to get our install at work more mainline is =
appreciated.

Please let me know if there is a better list to be sent too.

Thanks,

Nick Wolff

Backbone Routing Engineer
Hostmaster