Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 23:38:23 +0200
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        Richard Stanaford <rsstan@yahoo.com>
Cc:        obrien@freebsd.org, Keith Mackay <keith.mackay@home.com>, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bioscall.s

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 02:32:03PM -0700, Richard Stanaford wrote:
> --- David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
> > On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 10:58:06AM -0400, Keith Mackay wrote:
> > > Is there a known issue in bioscall.s?
> >
> > Yes, it has been documented all over the place in this mailing list.
> > It is also documented in /usr/src/UPDATING.
> >
> > You should review the expectations of running -STABLE and consider if you
> > are better off just sticking with the released product.
>

> I have looked at both ..
>
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/4.0-stable/src/UPDATING
> ftp://cvsup2.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/branches/4.0-stable/src/UPDATING
>
> And I see nothing regarding bioscall.s.  If it's not much bother (I have to
> wonder given the tone of your response) please indicate where this has been
> documented.

This is it, altough it does not mention bioscall.s explicitly:

20000706:
        Binutils were updated.  In order to build a kernel after this
        date, you must follow the updating proceedure for building
        kernels exactly as presented here.  You may be able to get away
        with doing it the old way, but if it breaks, make sure that you've
        tried the "To build a kernel" section with a fresh /usr/obj
        first.

--
Wilko Bulte  	 			http://www.freebsd.org
wilko@freebsd.org			http://www.nlfug.nl