Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 2002 14:49:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Charlie Root <root@dsl21.zipcon.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ATA problems

Installing sound caused breaking of nodes in dev. Specifically
using cdda2wav and wavplay caused acd0c to become unconfigured.
MAKEDEV would not bring it back. Even the current version of
MAKEDEV replacing my 4.5 MAKEDEV. Moreover trying to reboot
with an older kernel which did not have my sound card configured
was unsuccessful. The kernel claiming where were no ad devices.
Question can one rebuild the device nodes without rebuilding the
entire kernel?
..Al Goldstein