Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 01:32:26 -0400
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
To:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: www.dell.com/linux

At 07:06 AM 5/27/99 +0200, you wrote:
>But FreeBSD runs great on Dells...

Yeah.. it runs GREAT on my Inspiron 7000... now just tell me how the FSCK
i'm supposed to get rid of this !$%!@ Lucent WinModem! They told me there
is no alternative to this internal modem.. and that his internal slot was
designed ONLY for !@$!@# Lucent Winmodem!!

A warning for those of you considering running FreeBSD on a Dell laptop -
don't! Unless they have changed and now offer more alternatives to Lucent
WinModems or any other kind of Winmodems, which is very likely considering
this laptop was bought in November 1998, don't bother buying one if yer
just gonna run FreeBSD on it.

And just FYI - it's running FreeBSD 3.1-RELEASE. CD-installed.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>