Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:33:12 +0100
From:      Ceri Davies <setantae@submonkey.net>
To:        Hal Howell <cpo99@cox.net>
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: You forgot one

On Mon, Aug 19, 2002 at 08:27:12AM -0500, Hal Howell wrote:
> Hi,
>   Seeing as how Mac OS X is FreeBSD based and runs on nearly every
> PowerPC G3/G4 Macintosh computer I'm surprised Apple, Macintosh,
> PowerPC G3/G4, and Mac OS X are no where mentioned in your list of
> vendors hardware or software. Apple really goes out of its way to
> mention FreeBSD! How about some prominent mention of one of your
> greatest supporters? ;-D

While we obviously appreciate everything Apple does for the project,
FreeBSD does not currently run on Macintosh platforms (although there
is a port making good progress), and Apple don't sell FreeBSD or software
that runs on it.

Therefore they don't really qualify as either a hardware or a software
vendor, in my opinion.

Ceri

--
you can't see when light's so strong