Date:      Mon, 3 Dec 2001 00:51:44 -0500
From:      Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>
To:        Mike Knichel <knichel@cairodurham.org>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: printing to network printer

At 1:03 PM -0500 11/19/01, Mike Knichel wrote:
>I have an epson DFX 5000+ printer with a newtork card that is hooked
>directly to the network.  I can finally print to it with one hitch.  I
>need it to print a form feed after each job.  How do I accomplish this?
>I have tried the mannual and the online help and nothing seems to do
>the trick.

I have not had to do this myself, but I think there are some printcap
options which should give you a formfeed before each job.  Is that good
enough?  (before instead of after)  check 'man printcap', and there's
the options for setting the formfeed string, and the 'fo' option to set
whether a formfeed is sent at all.

If those don't work, then you would have to set up a filter, probably
an 'if=' filter, which would just read whatever it was sent and then
tack on a formfeed at the end of it.