Date:      Tue, 09 Sep 2014 00:50:21 +0200
From:      olli hauer <ohauer@gmx.de>
To:        apache@freebsd.org
Cc:        Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>, Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>
Subject:   Re: apache 2.2 ports

On 2014-09-08 23:10, olli hauer wrote:
> On 2014-09-08 15:51, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
>>

>> +--On 8 septembre 2014 13:41:54 +0000 Mark Felder <feld@freebsd.org> wrote:

>> | FYI I had to solve this problem today with the following two make.conf
>> |
>> | DEFAULT_VERSIONS= apache=2.2
>> |
>> | (note it's 2.2, not 22 -- bsd.default-versions.mk shows a period should
>> | be used)
>> |
>> | APACHE_PORT= www/apache22
>> |

>> | Previously I only had the DEFAULT_VERSIONS entry and it worked fine.
>> | Suddenly I needed to add APACHE_PORT as well. This is with an up to date
>> | ports tree -- my packages build automatically every 8 hours.
>>
>> Yes, bapt sent a patch to fix that
>> <https://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/apache-version.diff>;
>
> Sorry for breaking and delay!
>
> Seems I miss the mail with the notice from babt, anyway looking right now into his patch and found an issue with the patch on 8.x / 9.x but it is working on 10.
>
> Simple test on 8.4 or 9.3 with an apache22 only port
> $ make -V APACHE_PORT
> www/apache} => no value but a closing '}'
>
> It looks like the following line cannot be processed on 8.4 / 9.3
> _APACHE_WANTED_VERSION:=        ${_APACHE_WANTED_VERSIONS:O:u:M${DEFAULT_APACHE_VERSION}}
>

> Before this line the values are (verified with .warning line):
> - _APACHE_WANTED_VERSIONS=22
> -  DEFAULT_APACHE_VERSION=24
>
> => M${DEFAULT_APACHE_VERSION} is not expanded and the construct returns '}'
>
> Now all other checks are failing and no valid port can be calculated
>

> If I set this line to
> _APACHE_WANTED_VERSION:=        ${_APACHE_WANTED_VERSIONS:O:u:M24}
>
> I get the expected www/apache22 value.
>

> Scratch my head and remember PR 181717, but thats not the case here.

The patch from babt seems to work on 8.4 when the surrounding ${} is removed.

- _APACHE_WANTED_VERSION:=        ${_APACHE_WANTED_VERSIONS:O:u:M${DEFAULT_APACHE_VERSION}}
+ _APACHE_WANTED_VERSION:=        ${_APACHE_WANTED_VERSIONS:O:u:MDEFAULT_APACHE_VERSION}

Not sure why M${opt} is working with an .if statement but not here except on FreeBSD 10
Even with a custom make (source from 10 build on 8.4) the issue persist it must be something different.

As first workaround I reverted bsd.apache.mk to r366839 until I have more information ...