Date:      Sat, 30 Dec 2017 20:02:15 +0200
From:      Dmytro Bilokha <dmytro@posteo.net>
To:        Adam Weinberger <adamw@adamw.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to mount procfs and fdescfs inside a poudriere jail?

On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 10:47:36AM -0700, Adam Weinberger wrote:
>> On 30 Dec, 2017, at 10:14, Dmytro Bilokha <dmytro@posteo.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hello, Everyone!
>>
>> When I try to build java/openjdk8 with poudriere I'm getting the error:
>> ---
>> configure: Found potential Boot JDK using configure arguments
>> configure: Potential Boot JDK found at /usr/local/bootstrap-openjdk8 is
>> incorrect JDK version (Error occurred during initialization of VM);
>> ignoring
>> configure: (Your Boot JDK must be version 7 or 8)
>> configure: error: The path given by --with-boot-jdk does not contain a
>> valid Boot JDK
>> configure exiting with result code 1
>> ---
>> I suspect it happens, because bootstrap-openjdk8 needs some stuff to be
>> mounted.
>> Here is a snippet from its pkg-message:
>> ---
>> This OpenJDK implementation requires fdescfs(5) mounted on /dev/fd and
>> procfs(5) mounted on /proc.
>> ---
>>
>> Does someone know how to mount fdescfs and procfs inside a poudriere jail?
>> Is it possible at all?
>> Or, maybe, some workarouns exist to build openjdk8 with poudriere? Any
>> help would be appriciated.
>
>It doesn't seem to documented in poudriere.conf, but there are USE_PROFCS
>and USE_FDESCFS settings you can turn on in poudriere.conf.
>
># Adam
>

>--
>Adam Weinberger
>adamw@adamw.org
>http://www.adamw.org

I've added the following lines to the /usr/local/etc/poudriere.conf:
USE_PROCFS=yes
USE_FDESCFS=yes
Then I've restarted my build and issued the command:
jexec <jail id here> mount
And in the output I see only:

nroot/poudriere/jails/11amd64-local-wstan-ref/02 on / (zfs, local, noatime, nfsv4acls)

No procfs or fdescfs and openjdk8 build still fails with the same error in the log.
Should I drop my poudriere jail and recreate new for poudriere.conf changes to be applied?
Or maybe, I need to do something else?

--
Dmytro Bilokha
dmytro@posteo.net