Date:      Mon, 03 Mar 1997 23:37:26 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        erich@lodgenet.com (Eric L. Hernes), msmith@gsoft.com.au, freebsd-config@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Psst! TurboVision?

> This is my problem too.  I've been trying to work out a good interface
> from Tcl to Tvision; TV still wants lots of its stuff configured at compile
> time from what I can read of the examples.

Like I said, my take at this has been to write everything at a high
functional level in C++ and TV, providing large functional blocks like
"configure network device" or "open media" which are then exported
into TCL so that you can use it as a true scripting language to
control installation flow.  You wouldn't write the whole install in
TCL with infinite extensibility (as some of us might have envisioned),
just use it to control the whole "novice/expert/custom" install
paradigm and provide hooks for command-line invocation of installation
"configlets"

					Jordan