Date:      Mon, 21 Jun 2004 12:16:20 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Lloyd Hayes <wyoming_antelope@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD weakness(It's not. hear my story)

On 2004-06-21 01:42, Lloyd Hayes <wyoming_antelope@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'll repeat this so there is no misunderstanding. The people here have
> been great in their response to help! But there is also no getting
> around the fact that I am much older (54) and less able to absorb new
> ideas as fast....

That's okay.  My mother is around that age and started using a computer
about a year ago.  She doesn't want to be a hot-shot programmer or even
anything remotely related to an IT professional.  No time for that just
yet, what with a full time job as a teacher in primary school and all
the rest of the stuff she does at home.

Yet, she has actually managed to learn quite an astonishing amount of
things by spending a total of less than 200 hours during a period that
lasted almost a year and a half.

So, it's not impossible to learn using a computer even at this age.  I'm
not saying it's easy either, mind you.  But it *can* be done ;)

- Giorgos