Date:      Sun, 11 Feb 2007 12:23:14 +0000
From:      Scott Mitchell <scott+lists.freebsd@fishballoon.org>
To:        Michel Talon <talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkgupgrade

On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 04:40:28PM +0100, Michel Talon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> this is to report a revised version of my program, intended to upgrade
> a machine using mainly precompiled packages. All problems that i have
> seen or have been reported to me have been fixed. So i think it is
> reasonably suitable for use, and i have sticked a 1.0 label.
> I have also fixed all problems i have encountered with save_pkg.py, but
> Cyrille Szymanski will perform a better cleanup, so i have appended a
> 0.5 tag. So fresh copies can be downloaded from:
> http://www.lpthe.jussieu.fr/~talon/pkgupgrade-1.0
> http://www.lpthe.jussieu.fr/~talon/save_pkg.py-0.5

Hi Michel.

Good work, this script is pretty cool!  One thing that might be nice to add
is an option to download new packages from the packages-X-stable
directory, if a newer version is found there.  I think you only ever look
in packages-X.Y-release at the moment, and those never change after the
release as far as I know.

Best regards,

	Scott

Scott Mitchell           | PGP Key ID | "Eagles may soar, but weasels
Cambridge, England       | 0x54B171B9 |  don't get sucked into jet engines"
scott at fishballoon.org | 0xAA775B8B |      -- Anon