Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 1999 11:44:50 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        FreeBSD current users <FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG>, FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Remote serial gdb--status?

I've been away from work for several weeks, and I now find that I can
no longer start remote serial gdb.  I am using sio0 on the debugged
machine side, and sio1 on the debugging machine side.  Here are the
relevant dmesg outputs:

panic (debugged machine):

sio0: system console
sio0: gdb debugging port
sio0 at port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x90 on isa0
sio0: type 16550A

freebie (debugging machine):

sio1 at port 0x2f8-0x2ff irq 3 on isa0
sio1: type 16550A
sio1: interrupting at irq 3

I can communicate fine using cu, and a breakout box shows all modem
signals asserte (DCD, DTR, DSR, RTS, CTS).  When I go into remote
debug on panic, RxD flashes, and when freebie tries to attach to
panic, TxD flashes, so I'm obviously addressing the correct ports.
I've checked the bit rate and configuration of the ports before going
into debug, and they look right (9600 bps, cs8, -istrip, -parenb).  I
don't know what else to look for.  Any ideas?

Greg