Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2000 11:05:28 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        James FitzGibbon <james@targetnet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PC800 ram ?

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, James FitzGibbon wrote:

> I've search the -questions, -current and -hardware lists to no avail; can
> anyone give me a definitive answer as to whether FreeBSD runs on systems
> using PC800 (RAMBUS) memory ?  Also, if there are any outstanding issues
> with this memory, I've love to hear about them.

FreeBSD works just fine on such systems.  The only "outstanding issue"
that you will have is that RAMBUS DRAM is proprietary, expensive, and
is no longer supported by Intel (or any other PC chipset manufacturer
for that matter) in their chipset roadmaps for future chipsets.

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures. ( http://www.freebsd.org )