Date:      02 Sep 2002 13:37:31 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Mike Harding <mvh@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: /usr/ports/textproc/gnomespell

--=-qrvPxyVq1uDP9Mpy2RqQ

On Mon, 2002-09-02 at 10:50, Mike Harding wrote:
>=20
> ...needs the version of the aspell lib that it depends on bumped up:
>=20
> LIB_DEPENDS=3D	aspell.15:${PORTSDIR}/textproc/aspell
>=20
> Note that the new version of aspell also apparently needs a
> dictionary, in
>=20
> /usr/ports/textproc/aspell-dict
>=20
> I need this to build/run /usr/ports/mail/evolution... I just tried
> building evolution after the above changes and evolution (and spell
> checking within evolution) seems to work fine.

I'm of the opinion that this version bump should have been done by the
committer that updated aspell (grumble...).  In any event, I'll get
right on it.

As for the dictionary, I'm thinking a meta-port of aspell plus
dictionary of the user's choice would be a nice idea.  I'm not sure
every aspell port out there should now depend on the dictionary as well.

Joe

>=20
> - Mike H.
>=20
> with "unsubscribe freebsd-gnome" in the body of the message
>=20
--=20

--=-qrvPxyVq1uDP9Mpy2RqQ

--=-qrvPxyVq1uDP9Mpy2RqQ--