Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 21:43:32 GMT
From:      "James" <daemus@oregonfast.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: fxp0: SCB timeout

I'm having the same problem here; though it happens randomly when accessing
the network. i.e. it isn't limited to a specific protocol/application. Be it
ftp, http, or cvsup.

Hardware: Intel 815 chipset (I think the MB model is 815EEA), 800MHz CPU
(EB), 256MB RAM (PC133), with onboard video, sound, and NIC (Intel PLC
10/100).

The onboard NIC works.. sometimes. When it doesn't, I get errors such as
"fxp0: SCB timeout", and "fxp0: device timeout". I also get "/kernel:
pnpbios: Bad PnP BIOS data checksum" on every boot.

Are there any known solutions for this? (Other than not using the onboard
NIC) Would any more information be needed to debug this? Fortunately I have
a day or two to play around with it before I have to either get the NIC
working, or get a working NIC installed.