Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 2004 00:36:18 -0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
To:        Jason Lixfeld <jason+lists.freebsd@lixfeld.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AMD64 + Ports

On Saturday 21 February 2004 01:37 pm, Jason Lixfeld wrote:
> On Feb 21, 2004, at 3:30 PM, Peter Wemm wrote:
> > Have a look at http://people.freebsd.org/~peter/ezm3-amd64/
> > There are a mountain of diffs and hacks to try and get ezm3  to
> > work with gcc on amd64.  There is enough there to enable you to
> > produce the same binary in the package you downloaded.  ie: it will
> > blow up with that zlib error.  Be sure to put the
> > boot-ezm3-1.1-FBSD_AMD64.tar.bs2 into your
> > /usr/ports/distfiles/ezm3/ directory because its not in John's dist
> > area that the port knows about.
>
> Thanks for the pointer.  I applied the cvsup patch, no problem and
> tried to install the ezm3 patch but messed up and kept screwing with
> it to the point where the Makefile.orig no longer resembled the
> original from the distribution.  I need to look around and find the
> original Makefile.  How does one go about re-downloading the files
> for one single port?  I'd use CVSUP, but... :)

You can use cvsup!  We've been trying to tell you.. turn off
compression!  It'll either be something like '*default compress'
if you're using one of the example cvsup files, or the -z flag if you're
using the cvsup-mirror kit or the like.

I'd try and build a cvsup-without-compression if I knew how to change
the cvsup source.  I really don't understand the language.  Incidently,
it makes porting the language compiler really interesting when its
written in itself and you don't understand it. :-)