Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 18:13:11 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Jackson <d055633c@dc.seflin.org>
To:        GoLdEnYc0n <smiths@worldfax.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: And yet another problem

I'm not familiar at all with internet configurations under FreeBSD, can
anyone help out here?
You need to setup com3 and com4 (sio2 and sio3) in order to use your modem.
go into the visual config menu (type -cv at the   "boot:" prompt when you
bootup with the floppy.) Open the Communications: "folder" and see if
sio2 and sio3 are "enabled" if not, tab down to the "disabled" window and
find them. (you may need to enter port settings and IRQ's; [usually 0x3e8
irq 5 for com3: and 0x2e8 irq 9 for com4:, but some PC's share IRQ 4 and
IRQ 3 for the com ports (4 for com1,3 and 3 for com2,4) but this doesn't
seem to be the case on your computer [evidenced by the fact that a mouse
on com2: and a modem on com4: don't conflict]]) That ought to enable
com4: for you and you should be able to use it to get to your isp.  BTW
type "ftp" at your first prompt, THEN open ftp.freebsd.org . Have fun and
good luck!

Robert Jackson
d055633c@dc.seflin.org