Date:      Mon, 20 Jan 1997 23:00:42 -0700
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de (Joerg Wunsch)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fingering other servers broken in 2.2 and -current ?

> Quoting J'org:
> As Dave Andersen wrote:
>
> hosts.  Mind you, i'm using finger a lot, but i have only noticed a
> few hosts right now that hang (but haven't verified whether all of
> them were Linux -- i think another half of the hangers are poorly
> firewalled machines).

    Heh.  Time to remove that foot from my mouth.  The only non-FreeBSD
machine I had locally was a Linux box. :)  The other servers that I
tested it against (in a fairly non-scientific fashion) were either strange
little boxes, linux boxes, or firewalled.  (But if anyone ever wanted to
know if an eSoft IPAD box implements its TCP stack correctly, the
answer is no.  heh).

    -Dave