Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 16:00:52 -0400
From:      Tony.Marques@mail.sprint.com
To:        hetzels@westbend.net
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Aapache_fp???

--openmail-part-27d7f117-00000001

To Whom It May Concern:

I have two questions that I'm hoping I can get some help with. The first
is (oh yeah, I'm very, very new to all this also):

I have loaded FreeBSD and the Apache-FP port. I know that the web server
is working fine, because I can HTTP to the IP address of the machine
that I installed FreeBSD and Apache-FP on. I have created several web
pages with Microsoft FrontPage 98 and would now like to publish it to
the web server. This is where I am running into a problem and would like
some assistance.

Here is my dilemma and I hope someone can help me out.

When I attempt to publish to the web server via it's IP Address it asks
for the following:

[PICTURE]

When I put in the Name and Password that I set-up it comes right back
with the same screen. What am I doing wrong? I ended up copying all my
files over via FTP (which was rather tedious to say the least), but
would like to know what I am doing wrong.

My second issue, is that all of my scripts, redirects and so forth are
working fine, except for the hit counter I created on the main page. It
works fine on my lap top, but it will not off of the Apache web server.
In fact, I noticed that www.westbend.net has a hit counter and compared
it to mine and it is identical. What could possibly be wrong there that
is causing the hit counter to stay at 1 and not increment up per every
"new" user?

Regards,
Tony Marques
Systems Engineer