Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:33:32 -0700
From:      "Long, Scott" <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        "'Doug Barton'" <DougB@simplenet.com>, freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: [Fwd: Weird errors from linux (compat) rpm]

Rpm has a command line switch that forces it to ignore dependencies (
--nodeps i believe.  if that doesn't work, try --force).  Since the files
that it is tripping over should exist, using the switch should be safe.
Also, if you are having path and uname problems, an easy solution is to work
from within a the linux shell, i.e. run /compat/linux/bin/sh.