Date:      Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:40:51 -0500
From:      gore <koggybsd@comcast.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Horrible installer

On Monday 23 January 2012 01:29:23 pm Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> > because, well, I LOVE FreeBSD. Basically, I've tried out NetBSD
> > ONCE,
>
> actually i used NetBSD BEFORE switching to FreeBSD, short time after
> they released 2.0 and following versions. Got slower, unstable and
> bloated. Switched to FreeBSD, which in every version is getting
> BETTER not worse.

Yea I ust never really got into the NetBSD thing. In mean, I don't HATE
NetBSD, I just don't care about it.

> > I also don't think much, or care, about taking BSD, shutting
> > everything off, and calling it the most secure thing ever. (Yes,
> > I'm over
>
> FreeBSD by default is secure too ;)

Agree :) I like how FreeBSD managed to make a system that was actually
USABLE and ALSO secure. I mean, if you're not sure, you can look
something up and learn how to do it in a very short time due to the
great docs, and the great books.

> > Kirk McKusick do the forward made me happy, he's one of my personal
> > heros. I also got to speak with him recently and I was almost
> > speechless.... I LOVE that guy, and he's so funny! The DVD 25 years
> > of Bereley Unix is something I'd recommend you ALL buy. I also
> > loved how nice he was. Marshal Kirk McKusick is one of the nicest,
> > friendliest
>
> and made the most stable, dependable and high performance filesystem
> ever, which - after some improvements - is still used by most FreeBSD
> users.

Oh I know! It amazes me just how Talented he is. And of course being
very friendly. I was actually nervous about meeting him because, you
know, when you meet a hero, you worry about people who talk about Glenn
Danzig being a Jerk sometimes and it ruins it for you, but he's a
really nice guy. I didn't have a whole conversation or anything, but he
was very nice to me, and I was glad he wasn't pissed about the long ass
email I sent so it was nice :)

-Allen

--
BSD user