Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2001 14:41:15 GMT
From:      wkb@freebie.demon.nl
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Tlaser/8400 no go on 4.3beta

FYI:

'My' particular AS8400 Tlaser does not boot the 20010319beta CD.
It dies when starting the kernel (without any message). The 'Booting
the kernel in xx seconds' message is displayed but that is about it
unfortunately.

I downgraded it from 12GB to 256MB but I guess the single KFTHA
that drives the 4 DWLPB PCI-boxes is something that makes FreeBSD
choke. At least, that is a guess based on Matt's experiences with the
AS8200s at Nasa Ames.

cheers,
Wilko