Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 2010 09:14:22 +0400
From:      Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   does if_vr export true packet error statistics?

Hello, Freebsd-net.

    I   have   huge   losses ("netstat -s -p tcp" shows 4% of packets, but
 35% of bytes are retransmitted) on my intenret connection, which is PPPoE =
over
 100Mbit  ehternet  link.  Provider  claims, that it is physical level
 problem, and I should fix my cables in my network. But `netstat -i' shows
 0  input  errors  /  0  output  errors  /  0  collistion  on physical
 interface, which is if_vr.

   Could  I  belive  in  these  stats?  Does  if_vr  export proper error
 statistics?

--=20
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev@FreeBSD.org>