Date:      Thu, 07 Mar 2013 13:41:18 -0700
From:      Ian Lepore <ian@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Jack Wilborn <jkwilborn@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Monitor Rom commands

On Thu, 2013-03-07 at 13:29 -0700, Jack Wilborn wrote:
> Hello, I have a Global Scale Technologies Dreamplug which has a
> Marvell 88F6281 CPU.  This computer comes up with a low level prompt
> of
>
> Marvell>
>
> I can get a quick synopsis of the command with the keyword 'help' or
> '?' but I would really like to have some real documentation on the
> commands. Some of the commands can be accessed by 'help command', but
> the help is pretty limited.  I've asked the companies, but no reply.
> I guess it's once you buy it you're on your own?
>
> You would think they would publish this in many places, but no such luck!
>
> If anyone has or knows where these documents are, please send me a
> link or something so I can do more than guess at the parameter list!
>
> Thanks

That prompt is coming from the u-boot software that's in flash.  General
documentation on u-boot is at http://www.denx.de/wiki/DULG/Manual but be
aware that u-boot is vastly configurable, and so not everything in the
docs will be available on the DreamPlug.

We have a freebsd wiki page with some info (which is seriously out of
date) at https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSDMarvell

I have a couple DreamPlug units here and can answer questions about
using freebsd on them.

-- Ian