Date:      Mon, 8 Oct 2018 18:14:42 -0400
From:      D'Arcy Cain <darcy@druid.net>
To:        FreeBSD-virtualization@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Error installing Xubuntu under bhyve

I asked this in another email but I guess it was buried in the other
issue I was talking about so I thought that I would start a new thread.

I am trying to install Xubuntu under bhyve with vm-bhyve.  The install
goes fine right up to near the end when it fails with a "Executing
'grub-install /dev/vda' failed" error and the install fails.  A second
attempt says that there is a system already on the disk but it won't
boot up and leaves the console at a grub prompt.  I have grub2-bhyve
installed.  Here is my config:

guest="linux"
uefi="yes"
loader="grub"
grub_run_partition="msdos1"
cpu=2
memory=1024
network0_type="virtio-net"
network0_switch="public"
network0_mac="22:22:22:22:22:03"
disk0_type="virtio-blk"
disk0_name="disk0.img"
uuid="532fb166-c1bb-11e8-9e80-b4b52fcc4894"
graphics="yes"
xhci_mouse="yes"

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.