Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 1998 02:41:00 -0400
From:      Mark Mayo <mark@vmunix.com>
To:        dg@root.com, esr@thyrsus.com
Cc:        Anatoly Vorobey <mellon@pobox.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Open Source Products

On Mon, Apr 13, 1998 at 11:18:55PM -0700, David Greenman wrote:
[SNIP]
> not true. I for one believe that the war is with Windows/*, and not
> between the Unix-like systems. Given a choice between Linux and Windows,
> the choice is a simple one. There are plenty of reasons why I don't like
> Linux myself, but I certainly have no desire for it to fail; the more
> people it can keep from the clutches of Microsoft, the better.

I whole heartedly agree. The real war is with Windows, and it appears
certain now that free Unix is indeed making some serious progress. The
fact that we actually have several *superb* choices on the free unix
front is nothing less than miraculous. In retrospect, it's pure luxury,
and while I'd be sad to see the BSD community not make it up there with
Linux in the mainstream, I'd sure as hell be happy as heck to be able to
run and develop under Linux as opposed to a M$ "OS". :-)

-Mark

 Mark Mayo		  				mark@vmunix.com
 RingZero Comp.  	  		    http://www.vmunix.com/mark

	 finger mark@vmunix.com for my PGP key and GCS code