Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:00:24 +0100
From:      Bruno Ducrot <ducrot@poupinou.org>
To:        Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Temperature/fan monitoring on a Supermicro P8SCT

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 06:46:10PM +1030, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 January 2007 14:08, Bruno Ducrot wrote:
> > From the OP, I think the processor is an AMD 64 bits of some sort. From
> > "BIOS and Kernel Developer's Guide for AMD NPT Family 0Fh Processors",
> > available at
>
> The P8SCT is an Intel S775 board so AMD specific things are unlikely to
> work :)

Ermm, yes.  Indeed this wont work.  Sorry for the noise.

> I was basically wondering if anyone had patches or similar to mbmon/healthd I
> could use.
>
> Failing that I will try and generate some myself (when I get some time, ho ho
> ho).

Well, from http://www.supermicro.com/support/faqs/faq.cfm?faq=3099 you
pointed out, I think the sensor where fan, temp and so on is the W83792D and
not the W83627HF.  That's one is probably not yet supported by healthd
nor mbmon, and a quick and the spec show that you can access it only via
SMBus.

Cheers,

--
Bruno Ducrot

--  Which is worse:  ignorance or apathy?
--  Don't know.  Don't care.