Date:      Sat, 12 Feb 2000 10:40:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Dan B. " <danielb@pacex.net>
To:        "David K. Phinney" <dave@dowco.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: biodone panic?

> Hello,
>
> Our FreeBSD-2.2.8 mail server just spontaneously rebooted. I didn't see
> it happen, but the last message in the messages log was "/kernel:
> biodone: buffer already done". Can anyone explain what this means? I
> would've searched the archives but they're down right now.

This same thing happend to me a few months ago; It happend during high
disk I/O (backup) and machine rebooted.
I found out that my SCSI card was timing out and could not keep-up with
the very high data transfer, replacing the card did fix the problem.
Also I had a suggestion from the list that mentioned the SCSI kernel code
for the Buslogic Controller card I was using had a bug.

Good luck and DO A COMPLETE BACKUP OR TWO!!

Dan