Date:      Thu, 7 Jan 1999 22:56:40 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>, Ian Grigg <iang@systemics.com>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Chan & Lee books"

On Thu, 7 Jan 1999, Nate Williams wrote:

# No Swing either, but there are *NO* good books on Swing, given that the
# final release was made about a month ago.

I beg to differ.  Besides some pretty good (albeit dated) stuff
on the java website, I have six books on the JFC (Swing).  Three
of which happen to be pretty good.

Core Java Foundation Classes by Kim Topley, Prentice Hall, 1998,
ISBN 0130803014.

Graphic Java 1.2: Mastering the JFC: AWT (Java Series), Prentice
Hall, 1998, ISBN 0130796662.

Java Swing by Robert Eckstein, Marc Loy, Dave Wood, O'Reilly &
Associates, 1998, ISBN 156592455X.

I happen to like the last one the most, but then again I really
value almost every book I have that was published by the good
folks at O'Reilly. :)

-steve