Date:      Sun, 21 Dec 1997 11:21:46 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams), dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu, julian@whistle.com, bde@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bruce vandalism again

> OK, so here's a thought experiment:
>
> Suppose somebody suddenly showed up with a giant patch file that:
>
>  (a) Got rid of all uses of __P() in the kernel (ie, unwrapped them
>      so that all function declarations used ANSI protptypes)

This wouldn't be much worse than the $Id$->$FreeBSD$->$Id$ change.  I
think we could survive it OK.

>  (b) Changed every function definition to use ANSI prototypes as well

This would be on the order of the trailing whitespace changes; you'd
want a committer that was prepared to die for the cause.

> Would it get committed?

I suspect that you would be facing some fairly concerted opposition
from people that don't like change.  There's certainly plenty of
popular support for it though.

mike