Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 08:35:59 -0600
From:      Don Wilde <don@silver-lynx.com>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        Bzdik BSD <bzdik@yahoo.com>, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Books on FreeBSD and local libraries

David Kelly wrote:

> I think the best way to "bug" a library to offer a book for lending is
> to purchase one or more and deliver them along with the request.

That certainly helps, but I have a caution there: The public libraries
in my area claim that they get far too many books donated, and all too
often they'll just dump good books (even new ones!) in the book sale bin
for quick cash rather than adding them to the collection. You have to
specify explicitly that you do not want that to happen.
--
Don Wilde           http://www.Silver-Lynx.com
Silver Lynx   Embedded Microsystems Architects