Date:      Wed, 27 May 2020 12:38:56 -0400
From:      Aryeh Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
To:        Brandon helsley <brandon.helsley@hotmail.com>
Cc:        Ottavio Caruso <ottavio2006-usenet2012@yahoo.com>, Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>,  Ottavio Caruso via freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Cert
References:  <CY4PR19MB165585A7D4670DC49DB5523AF9B10@CY4PR19MB1655.namprd19.prod.outlook.com> <CAEJNuHxaPtoVqcn4Dc86Pi29pLbnFoicUo%2BR91E87W%2Br%2BkDbUA@mail.gmail.com> <20200527141409.5469f1a3.freebsd@edvax.de> <CY4PR19MB1655CA1BCE7309202A815605F9B10@CY4PR19MB1655.namprd19.prod.outlook.com> <CAGBxaXnN5_vL%2BK4cAAwyaUVd=5-a1gqxzN-T4==Z%2BWkwkiM-RA@mail.gmail.com> <CY4PR19MB1655429A10A7CD70E9A7BEACF9B10@CY4PR19MB1655.namprd19.prod.outlook.com> <CAGBxaX=bNBkHQU8L0F-mq3D83CL1DSgMDZRE3_9cQ7ypRpEKzg@mail.gmail.com> <CY4PR19MB1655B064D097DAFECC492CA1F9B10@CY4PR19MB1655.namprd19.prod.outlook.com> <CAGBxaXnkaRDZ84mff3KpABZdibNBgWZtnLTJjFUA7rUSmnxdcQ@mail.gmail.com> <CY4PR19MB1655D45BA9FFA743BE59FDFBF9B10@CY4PR19MB1655.namprd19.prod.outlook.com> <CAGBxaXnWSDs_PQJ=F8HQpz-r=AjyA-1=j1o_eBavdwJ7bhhX7Q@mail.gmail.com> <CY4PR19MB1655FA15206EBD85E8E754B2F9B10@CY4PR19MB1655.namprd19.prod.outlook.com>

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 12:35 PM Brandon helsley <
brandon.helsley@hotmail.com> wrote:

> So if I wanted to port Bote Mail from i2p I would just get the source code
> and refer to their licensing on their website and contact them for clarity?

You should also read the semi official statement on what is compatible and
what isn't legally (I am not going to summerize it because that is where
the flamewar on licensing often starts):
https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/bsdl-gpl/index.html