Date:      Mon, 26 Mar 2007 23:08:25 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Andrew <aremo@ngi.it>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   No resume on Acer Aspire 5101AWLMi (6.2-RELEASE)

Hi all,

I'm having trouble waking my AMD64 based laptop after an 'acpiconf -s
3'. This computer runs FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE for i386 and the very
latest BIOS from Acer.

The laptop goes to sleep correctly (apparently only when X11 is not
running, though) but it will not wake up fully. That is, the HD and
fan spin up, LEDs light up, but the screen's backlight stays off and
the computer does not react to the commands I type blindly.

I've tried setting "debug.acpi.resume_beep" to 1, but it doesn't beep
when I try to wake it. I've also tried setting "hw.acpi.reset_video"
both to 0 and 1, but no luck both ways.

Trying to recompile the output of 'acpidump -t -d' shows no errors,
only 7 warnings. Shutdown and reboot work correctly since when I've
compiled a stripped-down kernel (no EHCI, no hardware that isn't
actually there, nothing but the bare minimum).

I don't know what else to try, so any help or advice is welcome!

Thanks for your time,
Andrew