Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 2003 17:49:39 -0700
From:      Michelle <tristan11@mindspring.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing amanda from ports

I'm trying to install amanda from the ports collection.  Before running
make, the amanda instructions state to run ./configure
--with-user=amanda --with-group=backup to change the default
configuration.  How do you do this with FreeBSD?  I've tried running
./configure from the /usr/ports/misc/amanda-server directory which does
not work.  Do I need to be in a different directory or is there another
way to change the options before running make?

Thank you,
Michelle