Date:      Wed, 19 Feb 1997 18:20:42 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Vasily V. Grechishnikov" <bazilio@economic.acnit.ac.ru>
To:        morion@access.dux.ru
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help me!

>Hi FreeBSD-Questions!
>
>During set-up FreeBSD 2.1.6 there were the following questions:
>
>QUESTION 1 : Set-up Hitachi ATAPI-CDROM 4sp

>At loading Kernel writes:

>wdc0: unit 1 (atapi): < HITACHI CDR-7730/0008c >, removable, iordy
>wcd0: 689Kb/sec, 128Kb cache, audio play, 128 volume levels, ejectable try
>wcd0: medium type unknown, unlocked
>-
>

>In a configuration of a kernel I have brought in the following strings:
>-
>options ATAPI 	  #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
>device wcd0 	 # IDE CD-ROM
>-
>
>But when I try to mount CD-ROM (mount -t cd9660 /dev/wcd0c /cdrom),
>Kernel writes: " wcd0c: Device not configured ".
>In than error?
>Where bugs?

You need to define in the kernel configuration script following :
options ATAPI
options ATAPI_STATIC
device wcd0    ,

if you want to static , compiled-in support of ATAPI CD-ROM , such as
winchester disks wd0 .

And you need to define following :
options ATAPI
device wcd0       ,

in this case after the boot stage you need to load nessesary LKMs :
atapi_mod and wcd_mod .

And for the end you must to mount CD .

Thanks , Vasily .
*******************[FreeBSD it is coolest UNIX for PC!]*************************
| System admin , ftp and web master.    | Voronezh State Technical University  |
| http://www.econ.acnit.ac.ru/~bazilio/ | Industrial Economy Departament       |