Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:44:55 +0000
From:      Bernhard Froehlich <decke@FreeBSD.org>
To:        <freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        vbox@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   VirtualBox: Compile problems with ACPICA 20101013

Hi guys!

VirtualBox has a compile problem with latest acpica. I've talked to the
VirtualBox developers and they think it's an acpica problem which should
be fixed upstream. Can we somehow file a bugreport or create a patch to
fix that in acpica?

Compile error:
kBuild: iasl DevicesR3 -
/usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose/work/VirtualBox-3.2.10_OSE/src/VBox/Devices/PC/vbox.dsl
/usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose/work/VirtualBox-3.2.10_OSE/src/VBox/Devices/PC/vbox.dsl
   736:                     Name (_CID, "smc-napa")
Error    4001 -
                                String must be entirely alphanumeric ^
(smc-napa)

ASL Input:
/usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose/work/VirtualBox-3.2.10_OSE/src/VBox/Devices/PC/vbox.dsl
- 1305 lines, 46193 bytes, 288 keywords
Compilation complete. 1 Errors, 0 Warnings, 0 Remarks, 404
Optimizations

I have found the commit that introduces this additional checks:
http://git.moblin.org/cgit.cgi/acpica/commit/?id=b66fd716e0b9b5389e544c58df189c817f316c3b

and here is the dsl file from virtualbox:
http://www.virtualbox.org/browser/trunk/src/VBox/Devices/PC/vbox.dsl#L781

Thanks!

--
Bernhard Froehlich