Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 1997 04:59:48 -0700
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@hydrogen.nike.efn.org>
To:        Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        NetSonic <support@netsonic.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NIC Card Configuration

Stefan Esser scribbled this message on Jun 23:
> On Jun 21, 1996, NetSonic <support@netsonic.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a generic ethernet card known to work with free bsd.. I have just
> > reinstalled the Free BSD OS and have found that during bootup there are
> > conflicts with ed0 with other things and ed1 appears as the nic card.
> > After that, i get errors that says
> >
> > ed1 device time out.  Is there somthing I need to do with the IRQ's or
> > somthing?

this is probably a miss match of the irq the ed1 expects, and the irq
that your card is producing.. make sure they agree... if you still get
the error.. make sure that the cable is properly attached, and working
well... (i.e. terminated if coax, or the link light on the hub lights
up)...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD