Date:      Tue, 06 Jan 2015 19:55:09 +0100 (CET)
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        rodrigc@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 10.1-STABLE/i386 GENERIC + VIMAGE: Panic when going multiuser

> > Unfortunately, there is *no* IPv6 config on the box (aside from what
> > might be done by default). rc.conf:
> >
> > hostname="verdi.nethelp.no"
> > keymap="norwegian.iso.kbd"
> > ifconfig_bge1="inet 10.0.0.2 netmask 255.255.255.252"
> > sshd_enable="YES"
> > dumpdev="AUTO"
> > ddb_enable="YES"
> > background_fsck="NO"
> >

> That config is minimal, so I don't see anything offhand which would trigger
> IPv6.
> But there could be something else running on the system that triggers it.
>
> Do you have *any* kernel modules which are installed on the system and not
> built as part of the buildworld/buildkernel process?  For example, kernel
> modules
> installed via a port?

No modules.

> Lastly, since your crash is triggered by "sysctl -a" with VIMAGE and DDB
> added to a GENERIC kernel config in 10.1,
> can you see the last sysctl which is printed out before the panic occurs?

I have done a bit more testing with sysctl. There are two specific
sysctls which trigger the panic:

net.inet6.ip6.temppltime
net.inet6.ip6.tempvltime

All the other sysctls are fine, no panic generated.

What can I do to help debug this further? The box where this happens
isn't doing anything else useful at the moment, so can be crashed at
will :-)