Date:      31 Aug 2002 10:27:07 +0200
From:      Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Running Linux/Alpha Mozilla on FreeBSD/Alpha

Am Sa, 2002-08-31 um 00.08 schrieb Andrew Gallatin:

> Jan Lentfer writes:
>  > libraries: libplds4.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
>  > directory
>
> Uh, install that library?
>
> Look for it in google, and you might get lucky and find what rpm its in.

Sorry for asking the obvious ;-). Sometimes I just ask too quickly.
www.rpmfind.net did the trick. It is in mozilla-nspr-1.0.0-9.alpha.rpm,
which is offered on ftp.mozilla.org - I just forgot to look at the most
obvious place.
But at least now I can announce success in running Linux/Alpha Mozilla
on FreeBSD.
What I did: Installed x11-toolkits/linux-gtk
rpm2cpio'ed
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.0/Red_Hat_7x_RPMS/alpha/mozilla-1.0.0-9.alpha.rpm
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.0/Red_Hat_7x_RPMS/alpha/mozilla-nspr-1.0.0-9.alpha.rpm

and moved everything from /usr to /usr/local and edited the
/usr/local/bin/mozilla script accordingly.

Mozilla starts up and I can surf.
Next steps will be to get Mail and the other stuff running.

Hope this helps others in setting up Mozilla,

Jan
--
Jan Lentfer
System Administrator